Achieving the best for your child
Our services are accessible to all children in the community. We operate a waiting list on a first come served basis. If you are interested in a place at the pre-school, please contact us for Registration Pack, and arrange a visit.
We are open Monday to Friday 08:45 to 15:00 term time, 38 weeks per year. Our morning session runs from 08:45 to 12:00; afternoons run from 12:00 to 15:00 and all-day sessions run from 08:45 to 15:00.
We do require all children to attend for a minimum of two sessions/days per week, this enables relationships to be built and for children to understand our routines ultimately allowing them to feel safe and secure.
We would be delighted to send you our prospectus and registration forms via email or post. Please contact us on 01732 882869 / 07860 271564 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or to make an appointment for a “Show Around”.
Fees and Funding
We have different rates depending on the age of a child and their funding. Our fee structure is competitive and available on request.
Forest School, Yoga, Playball and Hot Lunches are all chargeable extras.
SKIPS Pre-School is registered to receive government funding and all children attending the pre-school of an eligible age are entitled to such funding.
When a child becomes eligible for a funded place at pre-school, parents are provided with a Parent Declaration Agreement Form to complete and return to pre-school.
An eligible child can access a maximum of 15 Universal funded hours in any week; this can be divided between 2 providers if he/she is attending more than one setting. We offer the Universal 15 hours in 3-hour blocks. Some families will also be entitled to an additional 15 hours funding per week, to see if you qualify please check on the childcare choices website www.childcarechoices.gov.uk At SKIPS Pre-School the 30 Hour Funded offer is offered 5 hours per day up to 25 hours per week. Any additional services accessed beyond these 5 hours are charged for.
Funding is provided directly to the pre-school by Kent County Council.
For 3- and 4-year-olds, once they are eligible for Early Years Education Entitlement (term after their third birthday) funded hours will be deducted from the sessions that they attend – parents to pay for additional hours.
- you come within the criteria used to determine eligibility for Free School Meals
- your family receives Working Tax Credits and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190 per year
- your family receives Universal Credit and have an annual net income of no more than £15,400
- your child has a current statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health and Care plan
- they are entitled to Disability Living Allowance
- they are looked after by a local authority
- they are no longer looked after by the local authority because of an adoption order, a special guardianship order or child arrangements order which specifies with whom the child lives
- That they are excluded from claiming public funds because of their immigration status, or their lack of immigration status and
- They are in receipt of support under section 17 of the Children Act 1989.
- Child’s 2nd birthday – 1 January to 31 March – can claim from the beginning of term on or after 1 April
- Child’s 2nd birthday – 1 April to 31 August – can claim from the beginning of term on or after 1 September
- Child’s 2nd birthday – 1 September to 31 December – can claim from the beginning of term on or after 1 January